I’m back with another Dollar Tree DIY post!!
I am so excited because I have two really great and useful DIYs for you!
I love these DIYs so much because you all know I love a good bargain! When I need something in the house and can’t find it for a reasonable price, I try my best to make it myself with Dollar Tree products!
I am always looking for ways to add height and layers to my decor. When looking for candle stands, I could only find them for insane prices! There was no way I was spending $20-30 on something I can make and customize myself.
I made two different sizes to continue to add height!
Standard Sized Candle Stand
What You’ll Need:
[Click the photos below for links to products]
- One Candle Stick Holder
- One Candle Glass Plate
- Optional-Twine of your choice
- Apply a generous amount of super glue to the top of the candlestick.
2. Place the glass plate on top of the candle stick.
3. Let dry for 24 hours! This will give you the best results before you start to paint.
4. After 24 hours of dying, paint the candle holder. Mine took two coats!
5. After paint is dry, wrap and tie the twine around the candle stick for decoration. I hot glued the twine in place.
Tall Candle Stand
What You’ll Need:
- The same products from the standard candle holder except you will need two candle stick holders.
- Apply a generous amount of super glue to the top of one of the candlesticks.
2. Place the second candle stick upside-down on top of the first.
3. Apply a generous amount of super glue to the top of the highest candlesticks.
4. Place the glass plate on top of the candle stick.
5. Allow all of this to dry for 24 hours.
6. After 24 hours of dying, paint the candle holder. Mine took two coats!
7. After paint is dry, wrap and tie the twine around the candle stick for decoration. I hot glued the twine in place.
That’s all! You have these adorable candle stands. You can use them to raise decor, candles, kitchenware, and more! I have since made two more of these because I love them so much!
These are so fun because you can paint them to match any of your decor!
To make these two candle stands, I spent $9.50!
Without the twine, it would have been $6.50!!!
Gold Blanket Basket
I was really needing two baskets to put blankets in my living room and in my basement. I’ve seen so many adorable gold metal baskets at places like Home Goods, but I just wasn’t willing to spend $25-40 for something to store my blankets in!
I love this DIY because it is SO easy and can be used for SO many things!!
It doesn’t only have to be used for your blankets! These are amazing storage for so much clutter in your home, car, workplace, and more!
What You’ll Need:
- White Laundry Basket
- Spray paint of your choice ( I used this $3.13 paint from Walmart! )
- All you need to do for this DIY is simply spray paint the baskets. It took me about 3 coats on each side. Make sure you spray paint the inside as well! [ WARNING: remember to spray paint in a well ventilated area! This is in my garage with the door open. ]
2. Let dry for at least 24 hours before putting anything inside of baskets.
Now you have this gorgeous basket to use anywhere in your house! Nobody would even know that this is a plastic laundry basket from the Dollar Tree!
I had so much fun creating these DIYs! I think they are amazing for any home.
What DIY do you love enough to add to your home? Comment your favorite!
Make sure you follow my Instagram @bethsnot_so_secretdiary! I post lots of stories of my home decor.
Thanks so much for stopping by to read my Not-So-Secret Diary!
I post home decor and organization on a budget, bullet journaling, wedding updates and more every Wednesday and Sunday!